How Do You Apply?
The BC School Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program is available to all BC K-12 public schools and K-12 BC First Nations schools.
Is your school currently enrolled in the BCSFVNP ?
Once you are enrolled in the Program there's no need to re-apply each year. You just need to complete our Annual Update Form (available on your school login in May) and submit it to us online by mid-June so we can update your school profile and carry you over to the next school year.
Is your school interested in applying to the BCSFVNP?
School selection is based on a first come first served basis for September enrollment. To apply for the Program:
- Please review our list of requirements below to participate
- Complete and submit a BCSFVNP +MILK Application Form for new schools
by the deadline
- If you have any questions about your application form contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the application form to our toll-free fax 1 (877) 825-6068
- Send a hard copy of your completed application form by mail to:
BC School Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program
c/o BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation
Abbotsford Agriculture Centre
1767 Angus Campbell Road
Abbotsford, BC V3G 2M3
Requirements to Participate
- Each school must have at least one FOODSAFE Level 1 certified volunteer; this does not have to be the In-School Coordinator.
- A copy of your FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate must accompany the application. More information on FOODSAFE.
- The school must take a whole-school approach to the Program (all classrooms participate).
- The school agrees that product will be consumed in a classroom setting and not replace recess or lunch items.
- The school principal must indicate support of participation by signing the BCSFVNP +MILK Application Form and providing his/her contact information.
- In addition to an In-School Coordinator, the school must designate one contact person who is a staff member other than the principal.
- After acceptance in the Program, the school must distribute and maintain parent reverse consent and consent forms for participation.
- On acceptance into the Program each school is assigned a School ID and password for their login account.
- The school must fill out online log sheets provided on their school login page to track issues and successes and submit them on a monthly basis to the BCAITC Program Office.
- The school is responsible for providing adequate refrigeration for produce when required. Please see our Fruit and Vegetable Storage Guide. BC Public and First Nations schools that do not have adequate refrigeration may be eligible to apply for a Fridge Program Grant to put towards the purchase of a refrigerator.
- The school understands that since we are dealing with fresh produce, there may be unexpected changes to scheduled items.
- The In-School Coordinator must manage any allergy alerts.
BCSFVNP +MILK Application Form (PDF)