Running the BCSFVNP
Before the BCSFVNP begins in your school please view our list of requirements for participation. View our 9 minute instructional video for useful background information and to learn more about running the Program.
What to do before the BCSFVNP begins in your school:
- Assemble your BCSFVNP distribution team and ensure that at least one volunteer or staff member has the minimum FOODSAFE Level 1 training and is certified before the program starts in your school.
- Send one copy of your school's designated FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate holder to the BCAITC office.
- Submit your list of non-instructional days and other days when there will be no one at the school to sign for a delivery for the upcoming school year to the Program office via your school login.
- Ensure the school has adequate refrigeration to store one serving of the fruits or vegetables.
- Record and prepare to manage allergy alerts by being aware of any student or staff allergy profile.
- Coordinate reverse consent forms for parents (see below) and ensure each student receives our program brochure.
Reverse Consent Forms
Parents/students may wish to opt out of the Program. Each school needs to inform us of those students through collecting and submitting reverse consent forms for parents. Please see examples below:
Program Support Materials
BCAITC provides each participating school with the following materials, resources and information needed to successfully implement and support the Program:
In-School Coordinator Guide (PDF)
Teacher Guide (PDF)
Top Ten Things to Know Poster (PDF)
Hand Wash Sign (PDF)
Program Brochure (PDF)
More information on support materials.
School Information and Login
Upon acceptance into the BCSFVNP, each person who has been registered as a contact for the Program, is able to use their email address when signing into the school login. Each contact is responsible for setting up and maintaining their password. We recommend bookmarking the school login page and accessing it once a week to check:
- Product Log Sheets
- Delivery policies and FAQs
- Suggested Servings Size document (available to download)
- Info Sheets (Scoops) for each product (available to download)
- Resource Materials
Updating School Information
You can submit changes to your school's information using the appropriate online form on your school login:
- For changes to general school information not related to the BCSFVNP, such as Principal, student population, school address, etc., you can make those changes directly on the home page. Click on the appropriate “Edit” button, underneath the information that you wish to change.
- For changes specific to the BCSFVNP, such as In-School Coordinator, FoodSafe designate, Do Not Deliver Dates, allergies, etc., there is a separate online form. Click on “My info” link in the BCSFVNP section, to get to the page that shows your school’s list of deliveries. Located in the upper right corner, click on the link “Edit my info”.
Product and Delivery Schedule
We will provide you with product 13 times over the school year. Funding allows us one serving per delivery. Access your product and delivery schedule on your
- Deliveries that coincide with a school closure date that we have been informed of by you will be automatically cancelled. We are not able to reschedule.
- There is no delivery of product during the weeks that have a statutory holiday on the Monday.
- We require a minimum of 3 weeks' notice to cancel or reinstate a school's delivery date at the school's request (ie: Pro-D day, Sports Day, etc.)
- No product deliveries are made between the dates of December 22nd, 2014 to January 2nd, 2015, and March 16th to April 10th, 2015.
- All produce is delivered between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm on your delivery date. Requests for exact delivery times cannot be accommodated.
Due to our advance ordering process we are unable to accommodate requests for product substitutions or reschedule cancelled orders.
How do schools store the produce?
Download the Fruit and Vegetable Storage Guide for storage and information tips on each product.
How big are the cases?
Download the Product Case/Serving Information sheet for case size, case weight, serving size per case, and serving notes for each product.
Will allergies affect deliveries?
If we've been advised of a specific fruit and/or vegetable allergy for your school your delivery will be automatically cancelled. If there are deliveries in which your school does not want to participate due to allergy concerns that we are unaware of, we ask that you inform us 3 weeks in advance so that we may cancel your school's order.
Top Ten Things to Know Poster (PDF)